Gitweb and SELinux

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Feb 5 16:51:00 UTC 2010

Dominick Grift wrote:
> There is probably a better way to configure this. The problem is that
> git-daemon is currently a bit messy.

I'd hope so, as now I cannot get access to my own home directory with
that git context set.

> Could you post your /etc/xinetd.d/git?

I'm not using git-daemon for file access on this particular machine.
Just SSH. On a Fedora 11 git server, that is using the same directory
setup, I'm using the following:

$ cat /etc/xinetd.d/git
# default: off
#	the git:// protocol.

service git
{
         disable		= no
         socket_type     = stream
         wait            = no
         user            = nobody
         server          = /usr/bin/git
         server_args     = daemon --base-path=/srv/git --export-all
--user-path=public_git --syslog --inetd --verbose
         log_on_failure  += USERID
# xinetd doesn't do this by default. bug #195265
         flags		= IPv6
}