new denials: shutdown, cupsd and abrt?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 02:07:53 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 1/15/10, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Tom London <selinux at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: new denials: shutdown, cupsd and abrt?
> To: "Antonio Olivares" <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: selinux at lists.fedoraproject.org, fedora-selinux-list at redhat.com
> Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 4:51 PM
> > SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/abrtd (deleted)
> "write" access on /etc/abrt.
> >
> > Detailed Description:
> >
> > [abrtd has a permissive type (abrt_t). This access was
> not denied.]
> >
> This says that abrtd is running in a permissive domain and
> the access
> was not prevented/denied.
> If abrt is dying, it is for another reason
Still prevents abrtd from sending bugzilla reports.  Process just hangs :(, whether it is selinux holding it back, it might not :(

> > Detailed Description:
> >
> > [shutdown has a permissive type (xdm_t). This access
> was not denied.]
>
> Similar for shutdown.
If it is not selinux, wonder what it is?  Machine does not shutdown either from command line or from Gui :(, Have to press and hold power button for it to shutdown.  Wonder how to troubleshoot this?

> > SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/python "read" access on
> /var/run/abrt.pid.
> >
> I'm not seeing this on my system.
>

> > SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/cupsd "read" access
> > /etc/cups/ppd/Cups-PDF.ppd.
> >

> Did you try running 'restorecon' as recommended?
> Looks like the file
> is mislabeled.
Yes, I tried, but get Access Denied or something similar to this :(

> > SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/cupsd "read" access
> > /etc/cups/ppd/HP-LaserJet-1200.ppd.
> >

> Same comment about restorecon......
>

> Tom
> --