How do I figure out on what file dac_override is attempted?

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Mon Jan 18 21:05:36 UTC 2010

Here is another strange AVC I'm trying to understand.

SETroubleshoot on one of my machines is telling me that

  SELinux is preventing plymouthd (plymouthd_t) "dac_override" plymouthd_t.

The full message is attached.

If I have understood this correctly, this means that plymouthd was
trying to read a file as root.  But the regular permissions bits of
the file would not allow that.  (Right?)

I assume there is some file with wrong permission bits, which causes
this to happen.  But I can't find any indication WHAT file it was.
Looking at the message, it seems to me it was trying a dac_override on
itself.

Is there a way to know what file was involved?