autorelabel process

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Fri Jan 22 11:15:47 UTC 2010

George Henrique Silva wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to find out how the autorelabel process works.

I am searching in linux Kernel code version 2.6.14

I am also trying to find the autorelabel code in the  sysvinit-2.86.

My target is to find the process which triggers the autorelabel process
from the flag-file /.autorelabel or who receives the kernel boot
argument autorelabel=1

Is autorelabel related to SELinux only, or is it another module from
Linux?

Best Regards

On RHEL 5, at least, it’s handled by /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.  That checks
for the /.autorelabel file or kernel command line option, and runs the
relabel process.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"