Fixfiles confused by bad filenames

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Fri Jan 29 12:38:14 UTC 2010

Fixfiles in selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-255.el5_4.3.noarch cannot cope
with a cr/lf sequence occurring in a file name.  I'm not sure I can
either, come to that, but one of my users somehow managed to create
himself a file with the MS-DOS line termination sequence embedded in its
name.  The directory tree needed a relabel, and fixfiles threw lstat
errors when it hit that file.

The file was called
__history/Ict.Petra.Client.MCommon??.UC_PartnerAddresses.Logic.pas.~1~
(with the double-question mark being the offending characters) and
fixfiles complained

lstat(__history/Ict.Petra.Client.MCommon^M) failed: No such file or
directory
lstat(.UC_PartnerAddresses.Logic.pas.~1~) failed: No such file or
directory
lstat(__history/Ict.Petra.Client.MCommon^M) failed: No such file or
directory
lstat(.UC_PartnerAddresses.Logic.pas.~1~) failed: No such file or
directory

It's probably a bug, but whether it's in fixfiles or in my user is
harder to determine.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"