SELinux and Shorewall with IPSets

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 17:04:33 UTC 2010

On 06/27/2010 06:40 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> I have two more queries though - if I want to use this module (the .pp
> file) on a system which is built from a ks file (using standard
> kickstart tools) do I just copy myshorewall.pp to
> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules on the target system in
> order to use this module? Would that be enough?

You cannot simply copy it (need to install it (semodule -i). But you can
use a single binary presentation on most selinux enabled system (e.g.
deploy the single myshorewall.pp to various similar configured systems.)

all the modules in active/ are compiled into a policy database file
policy/policy.X.

If you just copy it to active it is not compiled into the actual policy
database yet.