SELinux and Shorewall with IPSets

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:12:52 UTC 2010

>>> For example if ssh bind tcp sockets to port 11000:
>>>
>>> sudo semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t -p tcp 11000
>>>

>> Is this type "ssh_port_t" something, which is already registered (as
>> part of the targeted policy perhaps?) and I am just modifying it or is
>> this not the case?
>>

> Yes ssh_port_t is the ssh port type. tcp;22 is labelled with type
> ssh_port_t, we just label tcp:11000 ssh_port_t so that ssh can bind tcp
> sockets to that port as well.

Well, I do not wish to keep the tcp/22 as part of the policy (if left,
it creates a loophole!). I tried "semanage port -m -t ssh_port_t -p tcp
222" (to modify it), but got "/usr/sbin/semanage: Port tcp/222 is not
defined". I then added tcp/222 as you suggested and then tried to
execute "semanage port -d -t ssh_port_t -p tcp 22" to remove the tcp/22
part, but got this: "/usr/sbin/semanage: Port tcp/22 is defined in
policy, cannot be deleted". What does that mean exactly?

>>> This will require a patch (need more info : avc denials of this event)
>>>

>> I will post it separately as when I run the image with qemu cutting and
>> pasting is not as straightforward.

type=1400 audit(1277908958.656.4): avc: denied  { read } for pid=906
comm="rsyslogd" name="log" dev=dm-0 ino=16386
scontext=system_u:system_r:syslogd_t:s0
tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:var_t:s0 tclass=lnk_file

There is a similar one with "mingetty" as well, but
scontext=system_u:system_r:getty_t:s0