F12: SeLinux denials on older Fedora version mounted filesystems

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:44:55 UTC 2010

On 03/05/2010 07:29 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> Many other complaints are similar for mounted Fedora versions
> BELOW the current running OS (F12), such as F11, 10, 9, 8, ...
>
> How does one get around this issue?

That is updatdb, I think it only wants to get attributes.

if this is the only thing bothering you than you could implement a
dontaudit rule i guess or label the mount points with a type that
updatedb can get attributes of.

echo "policy_module(mylocate, 1.0.0)" > mylocate.te;
echo "optional_policy(\`" >> mylocate.te;
echo "gen_require(\`" >> mylocate.te;
echo "type locate_t, unlabeled_t;" >> mylocate.te;
echo "')" >> mylocate.te;
echo "dontaudit locate_t unlabeled_t:file getattr_file_perms;" >>
mylocate.te;
echo "dontaudit locate_t unlabeled_t:dir getattr_dir_perms;" >> mylocate.te;
echo "dontaudit locate_t unlabeled_t:lnk_file getattr_lnk_file_perms;"
>> mylocate.te;
echo "')" >> mylocate.te

make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile mylocate.pp
sudo semodule -i mylocate.pp