Samba problems

Jouni Viikari jouni at viikarit.com
Sun Mar 7 12:51:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

I noticed that my samba server has suddenly stopped sharing directories
after some updates.  Printers seems to be ok.  I have not changed any
configurations.  When I restart samba I get following SELinux error:

"SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/smbd "search" access to /.
Detailed Description
SELinux denied access requested by smbd. / may be a mislabeled. /
default SELinux type is root_t, but its current type is etc_runtime_t.
Changing this file back to the default type, may fix your problem."...

...but as expected:

#ls -ldZ /.
dr-xr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:root_t:s0      /.

BR,

Jouni