Boolean resets don't stick

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:03:50 UTC 2010

Why is it that when I changed some SELinux variables to allow certain
processes, the allowances did not persist with the next shutdown and
reboot cycle?

I had occasion to set allow_execmod and several Samba-related Booleans.
And then this morning, it was as if I hadn't customized anything.

I had to revert and reset every one of those custom variables, and
/then/ I did a complete relabel. Once I did that, a certain application
that needed execmod allowed, would run. Samba runs as well, though I
probably discovered another issue--failure to turn on the nmb service as
well as the smb service.

But when I change a part of the Samba policy, I thought that should hold
for good. Why doesn't it? Or did the relabeling finally make the issue
go away?

I just don't want that issue to come back, that's all--but I don't want
to disable SELinux in order to do that.

Temlakos