SELinux on a cluster

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Fri Mar 26 16:06:32 UTC 2010

	Hello, SELinux list!

is there anybody who uses SELinux on a cluster of computers? If so,
I have two questions:

- how do you synchronize the policy between the nodes? (Especially when
	there are local modifications and parts of a policy)? Can I
	simply rsync /etc/selinux/policy/targeted from a host I have just
	modified to the other node, and then run something (what?) to make
	the changes visible on the other node as well?

- are SELinux file contexts in ext3/4 xattrs portable between
	hosts? My cluster has a shared filesystem on top of drbd,
	mounted on a primary node. Will it work also after a failover
	to the secondary node (and remounting the FS there), or would
	it be necessary to do a restorecon on that filesystem first?

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |