at a loss with a problem: munin-node df

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Wed Mar 31 19:13:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 09:18:38AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> df is searching through all of the toplevel mountpoint directories, df
> does not search through any of the subdirectories.

Ok, that would explain the behaviour (even though I don't see why it
would access the _parent_ directory; all I can see in strace output is a
statfs call directly to the mounted directory. But maybe I don't need to
completely understand everything.)

> Your custom policy does not need a boolean.  I would just add

Yep. It's just what I usually do while I'm still testing things, so I
can more easily switch it on and off at will.

Thank you very much for sheding light to where I had a dark spot.

Kurt