Seek for help

su heng ste.suheng at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:48:23 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

	Thanks for your reply. Please see my remarks,Thanks.

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 10:47 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 10/19/2010 09:33 AM, su heng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have two problem want to fix.
> >
> > Firstly,
> >
> > [root at localhost tmp]# mkdir test
> > [root at localhost tmp]# ls -dZ test
> > drwxr-xr-x. root root unconfined_u:object_r:user_tmp_t:s0 test
> > [root at localhost tmp]# semanage fcontext -a -t samba_share_t
> > "/tmp/test(/.*)?"
> > [root at localhost tmp]# restorecon -R -v /tmp/test/
> > restorecon reset /tmp/test context
> > unconfined_u:object_r:user_tmp_t:s0->system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0
> > [root at localhost tmp]# ls -dZ test
> > drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 test
> > When I tried to delete the type, an error happened.
> > [root at localhost tmp]# semanage fcontext -d /tmp/test/
> > Can't create lock file '/var/cache/abrt/pyhook-1287493825-3446.lock':
> > Permission denied
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/sbin/semanage", line 501, in <module>
> >     process_args(sys.argv[1:])
> >   File "/usr/sbin/semanage", line 437, in process_args
> >     OBJECT.delete(target, ftype)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/seobject.py", line 1623, in
> > delete
> >     self.__delete( target, ftype)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/seobject.py", line 1594, in
> > __delete
> >     if target in self.equiv.keys():
> > AttributeError: fcontextRecords instance has no attribute 'equiv'
> >

> This looks like a bug in semanage
[Su Heng:] Which bug describe it and could u give me a URL as a
reference?

> rpm -q policycoreutils
[Su Heng:] What is this line used for? I get a result under my shell:
[root at localhost suheng]# rpm -q policycoreutils
policycoreutils-2.0.74-4.fc12.i686

> This line
> # semanage fcontext -d /tmp/test/
>
> should be
> # semanage fcontext -d "/tmp/test(/.*)?"
[Su Heng:] Yes, thanks, the same error still.
And I want know the solution for this issue. Could u give me some more
details to fix it?

> But it looks like you will still have the bug.
>
> > And I have searched from Google, there is a bug has been reported. So I
> > update it to the latest selinux-policy. The error still. How should I
> > do?
> >
> > Secondly,
> >    I have read the document which resided on fedora site. I have a
> > question.
> > We can change the type or the domain of a file or process which can let
> > us pass through the check of se-linux.
> > And we also can write a policy file to pass through se-linux.
> >
> >    These two methods are the same destination? If so, which one is
> > better when we try to use and why?
> > If not, Please give me some suggestion about the difference and when we
> > should to use for them?
> >

> Not sure I understand the question.  I would say you want to change the
> domain of the process or the context of the file to match the truth.
> For example, if you have a file that needs to be shared by samba then it
> is usually better to change the label to samba_share_t rather then run
> the samba process as an unconfined process.
>
> But it is best for you to describe the exact problem that you are having
> with SELinux

[Su Heng:] I mean I have a folder path "/tmp/share_for_smb_www". I want
both of samba and httpd can access it. If I change the type of this
directory to "samba_share_t", httpd won't access it. At this time I have
to switch the type of this directory frequently.
  As I know, RBAC can let more than one "Subject" to access the same
"Object". So, can a folder or file(Object) can have more than one type?
How selinux implements this? to use policy configure?