Transitions for files.

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:58:35 UTC 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 3:17 AM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:

> On 10/18/2010 04:46 PM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an issue I would like to fix properly.
>>
>> I have a policy for mediawiki defined this way:
>>
>> apache_content_template(mediawiki)
>> apache_search_sys_content(httpd_mediawiki_script_t)
>>
>> /var/www/mediawiki/bin(/.*)?
>>        gen_context(system_u:object_r:httpd_mediawiki_script_exec_t,s0)
>> /var/www/mediawiki/images(/.*)?
>>    gen_context(system_u:object_r:httpd_mediawiki_script_rw_t,s0)
>> /var/www/mediawiki/cache(/.*)?
>>    gen_context(system_u:object_r:httpd_mediawiki_script_rw_t,s0)
> Vadym,
> we shipped the mediawiki policy in Fedora 13+. Any chance you have some of these Fedora release?

This package is usually very behind. mediawiki 1.15.5 and 1.16.0 were released back in July and they are security releases no less,
but Fedora still has 1.15.4
Anyway, I always install directly from mediawiki subversion tag.
I don't need multi-site feature and other then that I don't see any other patches that would prevent the problem I have.
I tried to check what selinux policy does Fedora provide and I found just one line in selinux-policy-3.7.19-62.fc13.src.rpm :
/var/cache/mediawiki(/.*)?		gen_context(system_u:object_r:httpd_cache_t,s0)

And I can assure you it's not enough.
I suspect whoever uses mediawiki on Fedora either just turns SELinux off or has httpd_unified on.

Vadym