selinux policy UBAC question

Roberto Sassu roberto.sassu at polito.it
Tue Oct 26 17:49:46 UTC 2010

On Monday, October 25, 2010 06:32:50 pm Dominick Grift wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 06:19 PM, Roberto Sassu wrote:

> >> But regardles of whether the -P option in semanage still works, you will
> >> still be able to implement something using a per role template
> >>
> >> Have a look at one, for example the one is sudo.if
> >>
> >> you can just prefix the files created by your user applications. You may
> >> not be easily able to seperate anything else but its something.
> >>
> >> example:
> >>
> >> manage_files_pattern($1_myapp_t, $1_myapp_file_t, $1_myapp_file_t)
> >> userdom_user_home_dir_filetrans($1_myapp_t, $1_myapp_file_t, file)
> >>
> >> HOME_DIR/\.myapp_file	--	gen_context(system_u:object_r:ROLE_myapp_file_t,s0)
> >>
> >> Where $1 is a role prefix. That *might* work
> >>

> > If i understand correctly i need to create first, for the user user1, the initial domain user1_t;
> > then i have to duplicate the ssh policy by creating the domain user1_ssh_t.
> > A relevant issue i find in this approach is that i need to modify the policy each time a new user
> > is created.
>
> I do think the ssh.if module file has interfaces that can be used. not
> sure if those work.
>
> > I think it should work but it is much more simple to have user1_u:user_r:user_t:s0 and
> > user1_u:user_r:ssh_t:s0 security contexts.
> > Just another question about the ubac, does it is possible to configure the policy to isolate user1_u
> > from user2_u, and to grant accesses from user1_u, user2_u to system_u, unconfined_u, staff_u and sysadm_u?
>
> Yes i think that is possible. I was just thinking about what i said in
> my previous reply and it occurred to me that if sysadm is ubac exempt
> that i think in that case all identities can interac with ubac aswell.
>
> So if you make unconfined_u and staff_u ubac exempt, then i think those
> two users can access all ubac constrained objects/subjects, BUT also
> that ubac constrained subject can interact with the ubac excempt identities.
>
> So in that case my previous issue with ubac no longer stand. Because
> 1. if unconfined_u is ubac exempt and it runs rpm to install a package.
> then even though the files installed with have unconfined_u prefix,
> everyone can still interact with the files since unconfined_u is exempt
>
> 2 same for the *_admins:
>
> if staff_u is ubac exempt and he sudos to for example the webadm_t and
> restarts the web server, then the webserver will run with the staff_u
> identity, objects created by the webserver will have the staff_u
> identity, But that does not matter because even ubac constrained process
> can interact with ubac exempt process and objects.
>

> I think we should just try it out. I think it should indeed work out nicely.

Ok, i will try. I suppose i have to modify the constraints file by adding for example in
the 'basic_ubac_conditions' definition:
	or u1 = unconfined_u
	or u2 = unconfined_u

Just another question: is it possible to duplicate the definition of a type in a simple manner?
I need more than an alias, because if i do chcon -t <alias> the extended attribute is set to
the original type.