Labeling of ~/.local, ~/.config, ... owned by gnome though not gnome specific

Nicky726 nicky726 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:16:19 UTC 2010

Hello,

while working on confinement of selected KDE apps, I came to following issue:

Directories ~/.config, ~/.local, ~/.local/share (and possibly others) are
labeled as config_home_t, gconf_home_t and data_home_t all owned by gnome
module. These directories are used by much more programs than just GNOME,
ranging from KDE apps, pure Qt or GTK apps to for exaple ibus. User's trash is
also put in one of those.
Therefore I think, that the directories should be labeled with types that are
owned by another application/DE unspecific module (Dominick Grift in
conversation mentioned these are part of freedesktop specifications, so I
guess it can be named eg. freedesktop). And their naming should also resign
from application specific names, which is the case of gconf_home_t for
~/.local.

Regards,
Ondrej Vadinsky
--