[sandbox] modifying the Xephyr window title (patch)

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 11:07:13 UTC 2011

On 04/21/2011 08:01 AM, Christoph A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If most of your windows are sandboxed applications, your bar looks like:
>
> [Sandbox sandbo..] [Sandbox sandbo..] [Sandbox sandbo..]
>
> and it is hard to find a specific application.
>
> example of a current Xephyr title:
> Sandbox sandbox_web_t:s0:c112,c991 -- /usr/bin/firefox
>
> with the modification in the attached patch titles will look like:
>
> /usr/bin/firefox (sandbox_web_t)
>
> and it should be easier to find a specific application.
> In addition to the type I would find it handy to also include the
> DISPLAY in the title (needed when using xsel for copy'n paste).

Thanks, I like this a lot.  I do know if there is a way to change the
label from within Xephyr, since we don not know the DISPLAY at the time
we are setting the label.

F16 will have this change, and I will begin back porting to F14,F15, and
probably RHEL.
> The second patch only adds '-nolisten tcp' to Xephyr, but if there are
> use cases where one needs Xephyr to open a listener this patch will
> break thinks.

I am adding this also, since it is more secure.   I do not know of
anything that will break.

> regards,
> Christoph A.
> btw: secon's manpage doesn't contain the '-l' option.

Turns out this has been deprecated anyways. -m or -s should have been
used.

Thanks for the patches.

Applied in policycoreutils-2.0.86-6.fc16