mod_passenger and Rails 3 module work

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:05:40 UTC 2011

On 01/17/2011 11:47 AM, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
> This is a lot of groping about in the dark for me with SELinux so please
> excuse any completely absurd choices I made :).
>
> I posted before about getting a setup working with mod_passenger, I was
> able to work things around such that mod_passenger worked fine with
> selinux enabled. I came up with this small policy:

The policy for passenger needs to be revisited. mgrepl mentioned that he
is going to cooperate with some ruby related people to fix it. I havent
noticed any progress on that front though.

What you have below, can hardly be called policy ;) Its just avc denials
ran through audit2allow -M. Basically it compromises the httpd_t domain.

But atleast you got it to work for now. Keep an eye open on the
selinux-policy changelog with regard to passenger. When policy is redone
you should be able to remove your myruby module and update to latest
available selinux-policy instead to get passenger to work with selinux.