problems labeling files

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:27:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 12:17 +0200, Michael Atighetchi wrote:

> type CZwd_t;
> type CZwd_exec_t;
> application_domain(CZwd_t, CZwd_exec_t)
> role system_r types CZwd_t;

> I see - the policy above doesn't seem to specify a property on the type.

It does. The application_domain() assigns the proper attributes to the
second parameter (CZwd_exec_t) So this type is a usable executable file
type.

> I've attached the current set of files for CZwd.

so the type for the
"/home/proxyuser/trunk/aps-base/crumple-zone/target/runSeed.sh" file is
declared and a usable application executable type.

We can confirm this:

seinfo -x -tCZwd_exec_t

This should output atleast "application_exec_type"

Maybe the file context specification is not proper, so we should verify
this as well:

matchpathcon /home/proxyuser/trunk/aps-base/crumple-zone/target/runSeed.sh

This should return the expected security context (type CZwd_exec_t)
If it does not return the expected file context specification, then
there is something wrong with your file context specification.