problems labeling files

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 14:05:01 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 09:53 AM, Michael Atighetchi wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I'm using sepolgen from policycoreutils-gui-2.0.85-28.fc14.x86_64.
>
> The policy file that I hand modified (and caused the labeling
> problems) was attached to the previous email.
>
> Note that sepolgen refuses to generate policies for files that have a
>  "." in them, which seems like a pretty significant restriction.
>
> Here is the trace:
>
> [proxyuser at lime selinux]$ sepolgen -t 3
> /home/proxyuser/trunk/aps-base/crumple-zone/target/runSeed.sh
>
> Name must be alpha numberic with no spaces.
>
> sepolgen [ -m ] [ -t type ] [ executable | Name ] valid Types:
>
> 0       Standard Init Daemon 1       DBUS System Daemon 2
> Internet Services Daemon 3       User Application 4       Web
> Application/Script (CGI) 5       Minimal X Windows User Role 6
> Minimal Terminal User Role 7       User Role 8       Admin User Role
> 10      Root Admin User Role 11      Sandbox [proxyuser at lime
> selinux]$
>
> So long Michael

> Could you attach the policy that was generated with the . in the
> file name?  Also what version of sepolgen were you using?

Try

sepolgen -n runseed -t 3
/home/proxyuser/trunk/aps-base/crumple-zone/target/runSeed.sh

Usage command should mention this field

I will add a patch to output the following

# sepolgen -t 3
/home/proxyuser/trunk/aps-base/crumple-zone/target/runSeed.sh

Name must be alpha numberic with no spaces. Consider using option "-n
MODULENAME"

sepolgen [ -n moduleName ] [ -m ] [ -t type ] [ executable | Name ]