sandbox & Fonts (Cosmetic Issue)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:14:27 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 07:05 PM, Christoph A. wrote:
> Is dpi 96 default?
> If that is the case, what about hardcoding -dpi 96?

Hi,

No.  It is totally dependent on your monitor.  Mine has 96 pixels per
inch (ppi).  Usually the desktop environments (GNOME, KDE etc...) will
set this value accordingly.

The ideal thing for the sandbox command would be to figure out this
value and pass it along to Xephyr.  I almost got it on this file:

/usr/share/sandbox/sandboxX.sh

...which is a bash shell script.  I added a new variable at the beginning:

systemdpi=`xrdb -query | grep dpi  | /bin/cut -f 2`

...which will capture the current dpi (96 in my case).

And then on the Xelphyr call....I added:  -dpi $systemdpi

...but somehow xrdb doesn't work at this point of the flow.  I revereted
back to hardcoding the value.

Anyway, I don't think many people are concerned about this issue.

Regards,
Jorge