httpd_sys_content_rw_t

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:37:43 UTC 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:

> On 09/25/2011 12:34 AM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think man httpd_selinux is outdated in RHEL6
>>
>> it looks like proper name for httpd_sys_content_rw_t is httpd_sys_rw_content_t.
>>
>> at least rectorecon is trying to correct it all the time :
>>
>> for example:
>>
>> restorecon reset /var/www/sel_blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/logo-150x150.jpg context system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_rw_content_t:s0->system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_rw_t:s0
>>
>> Vadym
>>
>> --
> Vadym,
>
> rpm -q selinux-policy

Yep, I upgraded to 6.1 and manual was changed. It is still inconsistent though:

selinux-policy-3.7.19-93.el6_1.7.noarch

man httpd_selinux

      httpd_sys_rw_content_t
       - Set files with httpd_sys_rw_content_t if you want httpd_sys_script_exec_t scripts and the daemon to read/write the data, and dis-
       allow other non sys scripts from access.
       httpd_sys_content_ra_t
       - Set files with httpd_sys_content_ra_t if you want httpd_sys_script_exec_t scripts and the daemon to read/append to the file,  and
       disallow other non sys scripts from access.

why "rw" is a prefix, but "ra" is a suffix ?

Thanks,
Vadym