Would the F17 policy have problems with a 3.2.7 kernel?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Apr 3 19:51:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 19:37:14 +0200,
   Göran Uddeborg <goeran at uddeborg.se> wrote:
>I would like to move on towards an F17 system.  I'm stuck, however
>with an 3.2.7 kernel because of bugzilla 795141.  (The test kernel
>that was provided in the bugzilla works for me, but so far the fix
>doesn't seem to have been included in any released kernel package.)
>And the standard F17 kernel is 3.3.0.

We're in a freeze now so the kernel in the stable repo won't change.
Hopefully we'll be out of freeze Wednesday night, but it could be
another week.

The 3.3.1 kernel is available from koji.

>Most things won't actually depend on the newer kernel in F17, but from
>experience I've learned that the selinux-policy is one of the more
>sensitive parts.  Are you aware of any reason it will fail with the
>slightly older kernel?  Or is there a chance it might work?  At least
>reasonably well?

Most likely it will work just fine. Video drivers are more likely to
be an issue than selinux. But I not aware of anything in particular
that would be a problem right now.