Bootup avc, "systemd-tmpfile" important?

Dominick Grift dominick.grift at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:17:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 12:32 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 29/04/12 11:45, Dominick Grift wrote:
> >
> > Not important i believe, but this is something that should be fixed i
> > guess.
> >
> > systemd-tmpfiles is trying to change the context (/dev/lp2) where it is
> > not needed. Does not seem very efficient to me.
> >
> > Is that location mentioned anywhere in /etc/tmpfiles.d?
> >

> No, and they're breeding,
> the avc's cover lp0, lp1,lp2,lp3,lp4

I would say that this is a bug in a systemd-tmpfiles configuration file
that some package includes.

Because i do not think systemd-tmpfiles should set device node labels,
and even if it should it should probably check first to see if setting
it is even needed.

In the case you enclosed, it is trying to set a context the same as the
device nodes current context. (e.g. redundant)

So imho this isnt a selinux-policy bug but a instead it is a bug in a
systemd-tmpfiles configuration file. I could be wrong about that though.