clarification on seliniux type enforcement

grift dominick.grift at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:55:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 13:09 +0530, sruthi mohan wrote:
> Hi,
> I logged in as user having privileges system_u user.
> I tried changing the type of cheese application on ubuntu to
> userdefined type.
> The camera device is of v4l_device_t type.
> But i am still able to access camera. Please let me know how do i
> restrict the usage of camera.
>
> Thanks in advance
> --

The information you provided is not sufficient and accurate enough for
me to make a sensible comment.

I am not sure if ubuntu supports selinux

you should first verify that selinux is configured properly. I suspect
that this is not the case as users should not have the system_u identity

You will probably be able to get more useful help if you ask the ubuntu
selinux community instead.

I can guide you to various selinux resources:

The main hub is at http://selinuxproject.org