SSHFS (SELinux) frustrations

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:41:16 UTC 2012

> Also I am going to write a blog how to setup sftp/chroot/SELinux
> solution which could help you with this issue.
That would be good, even if I use this just to confirm that what I did
was correct - at least it would help others with similar issues.

The way I implemented this now works without further hitches, but it was
a bit tricky, particularly with enabling (and redirecting) the syslog
inside the chroot. The source of information I quoted in my initial post
is a good one, though it doesn't account for SELinux and this in itself
is enough to prevent it working if further adjustments to the SELinux
policy are not done.