Creating files from initrc_t

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Tue Jan 24 16:17:37 UTC 2012

It's an in-house-written daemon that allows some level of remote administration for our servers.  It can receive a request to create a user, and to create an application configuration file in their home directory.  We can also ask it to report on the server's disk usage and various configuration and log files.  It was the application configuration file part that was running into trouble; everything else works perfectly*.

We did look at other remote administration systems that are out there, such as Webmin, but they either offered too much or too little for our needs.

Moray.
“To err is human; to purr, feline.”

* "any human thing supposed to be complete, must for that very reason infallibly be faulty."
	- Herman Melville, Moby-Dick