software update & SELinux libraries

Lowell lowell at kc.rr.com
Sat Jun 23 20:12:10 UTC 2012

Sent this to Steven Stern, who advised me to do it "by hand": run "sudo
yum update" which I did, results below. (Should've replied to list to
begin with, I bet...)

"Wow! It downloaded & installed 129 different programs, pieces of
firmware, & even  a new kernel (3.3.4); mixed in among that number were
at least some of the original 10 (microcode-reader, ffmpeg, some of the
SELinux libs, anyway).

So, broken gui updater? Stop relying on it and run the yum command
periodically?"