ImportError: No module named selinux

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Sat May 26 01:46:53 UTC 2012

> Well, that didn't work and it looks as though python 2 is also needed (a
> fact I confirmed a couple of hours after writing my original post as
> /usr/bin/sepolgen-ifgen uses python 2, not python 3), so I am probably
> going to have to go through the same exercise as before. Luckily for me,
> I still keep my old patches, so I am hoping that all is not lost.
checkpolicy and libsepol do not need python and build successfully.
libselinux, libsemanage and policycoreutils *can* be build with an older version of python2 (I've got 2.6.4), provided a few tweaks are done to the .spec file.
setools definitely needs python 2.7+, so I used python3 there instead in addition to quite extensive set of tweaks to the .spec file (I did the same trick with the previous version of the policy as well).

After that, everything is fine, though during build of the minimum policy I get the following rpm packaging error:

File not found: /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/selinux-policy-3.10.0-86.fc13.x86_64/etc/selinux/minimum/contexts/users/staff_u/usr/share/selinux/minimum/modules.lst

Don't know whether this is a bug or not. It only happens with the minimum policy (mls and targeted build without problems). I don't use the minimum policy anyway so it is not that important in my case.