Policy version mismatch

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Tue May 29 16:23:00 UTC 2012

Have you ever had one of those times when you try to debug a problem, but find your debug tool is broken, so you investigate that, but your investigation tool is broken, so you look into that, but... and so on?

Turns out you get the "Could not downgrade policy file /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.24" error if you're running with SELinux disabled and something tries to install or reload policy: semodule -vR does it.  This is on CentOS 6.2.  Not sure if it's quite a bug, but a better message would be nice.