3.9 -> 3.10 policy language syntax changes

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 13:13:40 UTC 2012

> i suspect that you are confusing raw policy with human readable policy
>
> gen_tunable(allow_httpd_anon_write, false) versus bool httpd_anon_write false;
>
> etc

Nope. I'll dig up some examples when I get home tonight. As for the
language syntax changes, this is what I meant:

On 22/06/2011 Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>> Now I have the rather unpleasant task of upgrading my own customised
>> policy from the FC13 to FC15 version. Are there any changes from FC13 to
>> FC15 in terms of the language syntax or anything else I need to be aware
>> of before I start?
>>

> Not that I recall.  F16 will add new stuff.

So, in FC16 there was "new stuff" added in terms of changes to the
language syntax. As I am upgrading the policy from FC15 to the present
level (FC17) I just wanted to know what this "new stuff" is, that's all.
I've already figured out the if ... else statement additions, which I
don't remember seeing in 3.9 version of the policy, so provided I didn't
get this wrong I'd like to know what else has been added?