Why am I a guest on Fedora 18?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 19:48:44 UTC 2012

On 11/13/2012 02:45 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:

>>> In F-18 you have a version of sssd that actually CAN do selinux user
>>> mapping.
>>>
>>> Run ipa config-show and I'll bet the default SELinux user is guest_u.
>>>
>>> Try this as an admin user:
>>>
>>> $ ipa config-mod
>>> --ipaselinuxusermapdefault=unconfined_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023
>>>
>>> Then try the login again.
>>>
>>> rob
>>
>> Rob, Thanks you are probably correct, unfortunately the CLI netted me a
>> failure: ipa config-show ipa: ERROR: 2.44 client incompatible with 2.34
>> server at u'https://ipa.foo.com/ipa/xml'
>
> Yeah, you can talk with an older client to a newer server, but not the
> other way around.
>
>> However, when run from RHEL systems it did indeed show what you
>> expected.
>>
>> I modified the default context to unconfined_u and after clearing the
>> sssd cache I logged back in as unconfined_u.
>>
>> Thanks so much for the help in tracking that down,
>
> Excellent news!
>
> rob

This points out a couple of things.  1 we need to stop allowing users to login
if the login is not allowed via pam_selinux, and secondly we should report in
syslog where the configuration came from, since most people are going to
expect the default.

semanage login -l needs to be updated to show these files also.