How to clear Samba through SELinux

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:29:47 UTC 2012

On 10/07/2012 10:08 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 07/10/12 12:39, Temlakos wrote:
>  I don't seem to have any configuration tool (not
>> graphical, anyway)
>
> in a console type:
> yum  install policycoreutils-gui
>
> You will then in Administraton
> have an ison for Selinux Management
> if you clikc booleans, and scroll down.
> You will see a number of them for Samba.
>
> (Xfce, don't know about other Desktops)

Everyone:

Thank you all for your suggestions.

First, I did a quick Google search on the terms "samba" and "SELinux"
together. I found two Booleans to set to 1. When I did, my Fedora
machine became a proper server.

But Frank's suggestion to install the policycoreutils GUI front-end was
a good one. In KDE, that does put an "SELinux Management" application in
the Administration menu. (I use either the Yum Extender or Apper for all
my software management.

I'm going to keep the other suggestions on file. I hope I can remember
to switch those Booleans in the next upgrade. Which I anticipate doing
after Christmas. By then, F18 will be out for a month, and maybe that
will be time for RPMfusion and Livna to catch up with it, and for other
package maintainers to iron out the kinks.

Temlakos