AWStats Update-now link has permissions issues

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:29:35 UTC 2012

On Oct 25, 2012, at 9:28 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 10/24/2012 04:20 PM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

>>> Yes.  Awstats needs to read the access_log file so as to obtain new
>>> records in order to update it's own database.
>>

>> Do you have standard awstat RPM or have you installed in manually?
>> selinux-policy-targeted has wawstat module :
>>
>> # semodule -l|grep awstat awstats	1.2.0
>>
>> It works quite well for me, I had to add one rule :
>>
>> domtrans_pattern(logrotate_t, awstats_exec_t, awstats_t)
>>
>> because I want logrotate to call awstat before it rotates apache log
>> files.
>>
>> Regards, Vadym

> Current policy has F17/F18/RHEL7 Beta has
>
> 	awstats_domtrans(logrotate_t)
>
> We will back port to RHEL6.

Just curious, is there a way to find "duplicate" or "redundancy" in my local modules?
For instance, when this patch will find it's way into RHEL6, I will have this domain transition definition twice - in system module and in mine.
How would I find those duplicates to clean it up?

On related note. Does selinux policy have a public read-only repository access? It would be a vary valuable learning tool.

Thanks,
Vadym