PostgreSQL PITR & SELinux

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Wed Sep 19 21:20:17 UTC 2012

On September 19, 2012 16:22:12 Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Sadly it looks like we already have a boolean for this in Fedora fro
> sepostgresql.
>
> optional_policy(`
> 	tunable_policy(`sepgsql_enable_pitr_implementation',`
> 		corenet_tcp_connect_ssh_port(postgresql_t)
> 		rsync_exec(postgresql_t)
> 		ssh_read_user_home_files(postgresql_t)
> 		ssh_exec(postgresql_t)
> 	')
> ')
>
> Since this has nothing specific to do with sepgsql, we can change the name
> of the boolean.

Daniel, you saved my day - I thought that something like that should exist but
I completely ommited sepgsql* set as I was under impression that it applied to
a completely different functionality. I'll use that instead of my module.
Thank you very much.

For what it's worth I'd like to second the name change as existing one put me
off-track, like many other people (just look up "postgres selinux rsync").

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330

---