list of which daemons are targeted in RHEL 5

Daniel Neuberger daniel.neuberger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 14:19:48 UTC 2013

All,

I'm trying to get some sense of what the targeted policy covers in RHEL 5.5.

The documentation from
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Deployment_Guide/sec-sel-policy-targeted-oview.html
says, "The targeted daemons are as follows: dhcpd; httpd; mysqld; named;
nscd; ntpd; portmap; postgres; snmpd; squid; syslogd; and winbind."  Is
that accurate and more or less complete?

I had my doubts, so I went on the system to try to get a list, but based
on
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.selinux/11458/focus=11478,
that is a non-trivial task.

I tried using seinfo, but am seeing strange behavior:

[deuberger at saleen ~]$ seinfo -a domain -x
Rule loading disabled
Segmentation fault
[deuberger at saleen ~]$
[deuberger at saleen ~]$ seinfo -adomain -x
Rule loading disabled
ERROR: Provided attribute (domain) is not a valid attribute name.

Questions:
1. Any reason I shouldn't think the segfault is a bug?
2. Since domain is no longer a valid attribute, is there a better way to
query a system to get some sense of what daemons the target policy covers?

Thanks!

- Daniel