allow guest_u to access screen

Lakshmipathi.G lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 07:47:20 UTC 2013

Thanks Dominikc for more detailed info.
Okay,will log the silent denials via semodule -DB option.

>not signal a bug and auditd (with the appropriate rules) can be used to
>log any specific syscalls.

How to do this? Logging specific syscall? Do we have another addition
feature like logging specific path (say /etc/passwd) ?

>many people see the policy as something that is fixed.
>If they have to write policy they argue that it is broken.

I understand the point, but the problem is at-least for users
like me, we are not really sure whether adding a new policy
may comprise on existing setup.

>But that requires that one learns to speak and write SELinuxs' language,
>and that might be an intimidating prospect to some. Not to mention the
>ability to design a policy that meets ones requirements and to maintain
>that.

Yes,that's the main thing , to make SELinux customize to their requirement,
you need to a well experienced user,average users (like me) will rely on
tools like
audit2allow or audit2why etc,because these tools help him write a policy
without
really getting deep into the issue :D !

--
----