First crack at argparse parser for semanage.

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Apr 18 14:12:59 UTC 2013

David Quigley wrote:
> I posted this yesterday but sent it from the wrong account so its
probably in moderation.

> Attached is my first crack at the argparse version of semanage. Right
now it just parses the command line and spits out the dictionary raw.
Please mess around with the command line and make sure that it behaves
how you would expect. Some of the names in the dictionary are a bit
weird and I'm having trouble getting sensible semantics for fcontext -e
but it should be parsing the command lines properly. Also not all of the
help text is in place yet. If you want to add some help text either send
it to me in an email or send me a patch and I'll apply it to my repo. I
still need to commit the latest changes to my github account but once I
do you should be able to get the same file from my semanage-argparse
repo on github. After we're sure that the parsing works as we'd like and
the help messages are sensible to people I'll work on gluing this
frontend back onto the seobject class that semanage uses to do that
actual policy store manipulations. Someone pointed out that I have some
spelling mistakes in there. I will make sure to address them in the next
version once I add more help text.

Well, if you're screwing with semanage's syntax... can't the bizarre
syntax of wildcards be changed to something *normal*? Y'know, like make
semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t /web\*
?
And why doesn't semanage have a was to set -t u?

       mark