Issue on a new system

Miroslav Grepl mgrepl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 06:02:06 UTC 2013

On 04/23/2013 04:37 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> We've just built a new machine, running CentOS 6.4. I built, then my
>> manager pulled stuff off the machine that it's replacing, installing as
>> necessary. I'm seeing a ton of complaints of "SELinux is preventing
>> /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap from search access on the directory indexes.".
>> Now, ps -Z | grep dove shows that dovecot's running as
>> unconfined_u:system_r:dovecot_t:s0, while a typical index it's trying to
>> read shows ll -Z as system_u:object_r:dovecot_t. As a side note, it's
>> owned by user, with group of nobody.
>>
>> I see the same file on the old server as being
>> system_u:object_r:var_spool_t.
>>
>> Why would selinux be complaining? Is what was on the old system the
>> correct context?
>>
> This is very frustrating. My manager rebooted this morning, so now I'm not
> sure about which avc I wrote about yesterday. However, I see various
> things:
>    1. Last night, dovecot was throwing AVCs... and I was looking at it
> mentioning
>          one user's email spool... but when I ran the sealert, it spoke of a
>          *different* user's spool.
>
>       Looking at a few of the AVCs, as Miroslav requested, *some* of this
> may have changed, even without a relabel on the reboot, since I see
> it complaining that something had been unlabled, where if I look at
> it now with ll -Z, I see it as dovecot_t.
>
>    2. Sendmail is complaining, among other things, that it can't write to
>         /etc/sendmail/statistics. ll -Z shows
>        -rw-r--r--. root root unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0   statistics
>        Meanwhile, I try to look at /usr/sbin/sendmail (ARGH!):
> lrwxrwxrwx. root root system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0   /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
> /etc/alternatives/mta
> lrwxrwxrwx. root root system_u:object_r:etc_t:s0
> /etc/alternatives/mta -> /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
> -rwxr-sr-x. root smmsp system_u:object_r:sendmail_exec_t:s0
> /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
>          Looking further in my log, I see it's also complaining about
> sendmail trying to do things to
> /var/run/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock. So, can someone
> suggest what I need to do to make selinux shut up about sendmail?
> Typical AVC:
> type=AVC msg=audit(1366726917.008:87837): avc:  denied  { write } for
> pid=1401 comm="sendmail" name="statistics" dev=sda3 ino=44769294
> scontext=system_u:system_r:sendmail_t:s0
> tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0 tclass=file
>
>         Is this telling me that, as I asked yesterday, I need to change the
> user context to system_u from unconfined_u?
>

>     3. This one makes *zero* sense to me: SELinux is preventing
> /lib64/security/pam_krb5/pam_krb5_storetmp from execute access on the
> file /lib64/security/pam_krb5/pam_krb5_storetmp. ll -Z
> -rwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0
> /lib64/security/pam_krb5/pam_krb5_storetmp*
>
>     I won't even start to get into the perl complaints....
>
>         mark

Ok, hard to say without AVC msgs. But for the first issue

milter_stream_connect_all(sendmail_t)

Then the problem is with

/etc/sendmail/statistics

which is supposed to be written in /etc directory. What does

# rpm -qf /etc/sendmail/statistics

# chcon -t etc_aliases_t /etc/sendmail/statistics

should fix it for now.

And last one would need

corecmd_exec_bin() for a source type from AVC msg which we don't have.

Regards,
Miroslav