latest F19 policy update killed qemu ?

Dmitry S. Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Tue Dec 17 01:17:54 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

today, right after update my machine refuses to start any of the VMs it
was happily running just a minute ago.

Some details:

$ rpm -qa | grep selinux-policy
selinux-policy-targeted-3.12.1-74.15.fc19.noarch
selinux-policy-devel-3.12.1-74.15.fc19.noarch
selinux-policy-3.12.1-74.15.fc19.noarch

# grep qemu-system-x86 /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow

allow svirt_t virt_image_t:file read;

# ls -laZ /var/lib/libvirt/images/
drwx--x--x. qemu qemu system_u:object_r:virt_image_t:s0 .
drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:virt_var_lib_t:s0 ..
-rw-r--r--. qemu qemu system_u:object_r:virt_image_t:s0 devstack-f.qcow2

in other words - I see no reason why this should fail, what did I miss?

Should I head over to bugzilla and report?

---