A policy from scratch and permissive mode

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus stefan at seekline.net
Wed Dec 25 22:14:18 UTC 2013

With the help of Dominick Grift I solved the problem.

Just for the records. The logfile /var/log/audit/audit.log is not the
only place you might wanna look for failed resource accesses. In my case
journalctl logged several (denied) attempts to DBUS which where not
logged in /var/log/audit/audit.log. Once I allowed them, the application
runs fine even in enforcing mode.

All in all, I learned to have a look at

- ausearch -m AVC,USER_AVC,SELINUX_ERR -ts today
- journalctl
- dmesg/messages or whatever logfile else

Cheers,
Stefan