Preventing getting SELinux status information in RHEL 6.x

Maurizio Pagani Gmail pag.maurizio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:54:27 UTC 2013

Good Morning everybody,

This is my first question on this mailing-list.

I'm a beginner and i'm studing how deploy some policy with SELinux on RHEL
5.x/6.x.

Now, while I'm writing a restricted role, I would that a restricted user can
not getting SELinux information status.

For example, Now I have this context:

Instead, I want that my  restricted user (ssh_test), can see when I type
"sestatus":

Disabled

And when I type "id -Z", must not getting information about its "id
context".

I know that it is possible on Fedora, so, is it possible also in RHEL
5.x/6.x???

Thanks in advance.

Maurizio Pagani

RedHat Certified Engineer

IBM Certified System Administrator AIX 7

NickName: LordFire (I'm also on #selinux)

how can i prevent restricted users from getting selinux status information
in rhel6"