Suggestion for "setroubleshoot-server" package

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 20:13:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've got a couple of Minimal-installation servers (RHEL 6.4 fully
updated) and in order to receive the nice AVC messages on
/var/log/messages we all know you need the setroubleshoot-server
package. The problem is, once installed, you won't get any messages
there unless you:

# service auditd restart
(so that it can pick-up the recently installed sedispatch plugin)

# service messagebus start
(as it is down albeit chkconfig-wise is on for next reboot)

Shouldn't the above be part of the %post script on the
setroubleshoot-package?  I'm pretty sure many people bump into this.

Should I open a bugzilla? Or am I being too picky? :)

Regards,
Jorge