Looking for links: passenger & selinux

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Mar 8 16:43:10 UTC 2013

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Gag. I hate passenger...
>
> This is CentOS 6.3
>
> Does someone have a link to info on what selinux passenger context to set
> what files to?  I see passenger set to lib_t, which I may have done a
> while back, but the current policy may be more picky. I've looked at the
> passenger_selinux manpage, and it doesn't suggest what they should be. The
> version of ruby my users are on is the old 1.8.7 enterprise, *not*
> installed from an rpm, so nothing's correct....

Following myself up, a clarification: I've seen pages that say to set all
of passenger to httpd_sys_content_t; however, since there's explicitly a
passenger_*_t, and I *assume* that it allows it to transition to run
things like ps, and status, I'd like to set them *correctly*, rather than
as httpd*, and then allow all sorts of things for httpd to do as policy.

    mark