CentOS 6.4 and node.js

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Mar 21 17:32:40 UTC 2013

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 03/20/2013 05:10 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Actually, it could be mongodb, but most likely, since I've just built,
>> packaged, and installed node.js, I'm getting buried under AVC's. Is
>> there a policy somewhere for node.js?
>>
> What avc's are you seeing?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I've been busy with other stuff.

There is another issue: the user started using mongodb, *and* I just
built, packaged, and installed nodejs for her, so I can't distinguish
between ruby problems I hadn't solved, passenger problems that may have
been there, and the new stuff.

I did quiet it down the end of the day, but setting the following:
1  setsebool httpd_enable_homedirs on
  setsebool httpd_run_stickshift on
  setsebool httpd_use_nfs on
  setsebool httpd_execmem on
and then, just now,
  setsebool httpd_can_network_connect 1

I suspect that last one has to do with mongodb and node.js.

When I can tell you more, I will.

Note that the nodejs package I built, as built, come out as
system_u:opbject_u, and everything under lib as lib_t; under bin as bin_t,
and under share as usr_t.

      mark