semanage error when upgrading to RHEL 6.5

Andy Ruch adruch2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 16:56:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a policy that was originally written for RHEL 6.2. I’m now trying to upgrade to RHEL 6.5 and I’m having problems with semanage. I can install a fresh RHEL 6.5 system with the targeted policy and everything works fine. I then uninstall the targeted policy and install my policy and I can’t link the linux user and selinux user.

>> semanage user –a -R sysadm_r -R staff_r -r s0-s0:c0.c1023 testuser_u
>> useradd -G wheel testuser
>> semanage login -a -r s0-s0:c0.c1023 -s testuser_u testuser
libsemanage.dbase_llist_query: could not query record value
/usr/sbin/semanage: Could not query user for testuser

I have the RHEL 6.5 source code for libsemanage and the targeted policy but so far I haven't been able to find differences that would affect this problem. Could someone please point me in the right direction as far as what semanage is expecting?  What would prevent libsemanage from querying for the user?

Thanks,
Andy