how to change the context of running process

Miroslav Grepl mgrepl at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 09:26:19 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 02:38 AM, bigclouds wrote:
> hi,all
> 1.
> how to change the context of running process.
> 2.
> in my case, libvirtd is initrc_t, how to find  where and which
> file defines this rule?
> libvirtd should be virtd_t, i want to correct it.
> 3.audot2allow outputs a rule ,'allow initrc_t svirt_t:process transition'
> is there a comamnd line tool can finish this request? not to install
> .pp module?
> thanks

It looks you have mislabeling issue on libvirtd binary.  If you execute

$ ls -Z /usr/sbin/libvirtd | awk '{ print $4 }'

$ matchpathcon /usr/sbin/libvirtd | awk '{ print $2 }'

you probably will get different values. If so you will need to fix
labeling (SELinux is a labeling system) using

# restorecon -R -v /usr/sbin/libvirtd

and restart libvirtd service.