custom logwatch crontab issues

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Tue Oct 21 15:41:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

While playing with logwatch setup I've stepped on a small issue: when I
try to use logwatch to output to file via:

logwatch > /var/lib/logwatch/all_reports.txt

I've got deny whether I tag above file with var_lib_t or cron_var_lib_t
. I took a look at sesearch:

$ sesearch -A -s logwatch_exec_t
Found 7 semantic av rules:
   allow file_type tmp_t : filesystem associate ;
   allow file_type noxattrfs : filesystem associate ;
   allow file_type fs_t : filesystem associate ;
   allow file_type ramfs_t : filesystem associate ;
   allow file_type tmpfs_t : filesystem associate ;
   allow file_type hugetlbfs_t : filesystem associate ;
   allow logwatch_exec_t logwatch_exec_t : filesystem associate ;

Nothing indicates any way of making my setup work other than crafting a
module, is that the answer?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330