High weirdness and questionable utility of restorecond

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 5 19:09:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 14:05:57 -0500, Jonathan Abbey wrote:

| Given that this is happening with max_watches set far too low to
| handle recursive directory watches under /home, I'm going to assume
| that the restorecond code at selinuxproject actually does closely
| reflect what RHEL 6 is shipping, and recursion just isn't supported
| with restorecond.

And after re-reading the comment on restored.conf at

http://selinuxproject.org/page/GlobalConfigurationFiles

I see that I misinterpreted the meaning of "~/*".  It says that it
"expands to listen for all files created for all logged-in users
within their home directories".  I took that to be recursively within
their home directories, but apparently not.

 Jon

Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Austin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey.gpg