[selinux] Re: Idiomatic solution for tiny systemd "services"?

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Sun Feb 15 17:51:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 08:44:07AM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 02/11/2015 08:51 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > Hey all.  I have a tiny web service that I'm running with a ruby
> > script in ~/.rvm/ , and I'd like to run it out of systemd (just
> > to keep it running always), but init_t can't read or execute
> > user_home_t.
> >
> > Nor can init_t run runcon.
> >
> > Basically, I can't figure out any way to transition from
> > systemd's init_t to my user's type (staff_t).
> >
> > So what's the idiomatic way to handle that sort of thing?
> >
> init_t should be transitioning to a context that can read content
> in the users homedir.  What is the label on the ruby script?

user_home_t; I had no idea what to try.

> Which policy are you using?

Whatever comes with F20.

> Do you have unconfined.pp disabled?

Yes.

> Also do you have the actual avcs you are seeing?

Uh, not anymore I'm afraid; I had to find a workaround and move on.
I can regenerate them if it's important?

--
http://intelligence.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
.i ko na cpedu lo nu stidi vau loi jbopre .i dafsku lu na go'i li'u .e